Website Privacy Notice
At Circular Energy your privacy is important to us. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, security and accuracy of your personal information. This Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) describes personal information, including social security number, collected by Circular Energy and it describes how Circular Energy uses this information and to whom it may be disclosed.
This Privacy Notice will advise you about how we protect your social security number and other personal information. Please read this policy carefully. From time to time, we may need to change this policy in order to address new issues or to comply with governmental regulations. We will make notice of such changes available to you and will post the changes on the Circular Energy website at www.Circularenergy.com.
What is Personal Information?
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information about you that is personally identifiable such as your name, address, email address, social security number or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. Personal Information does not include the name, title, and business address or business telephone number of an employee of an organization when used for business communications. This Privacy Notice does not cover Personal Information collected from or about our employees.
How Circular Energy Protects Your Personal Information
Circular Energy will endeavor to safeguard Personal Information using commercially reasonable procedures to protect against the unlawful use or disclosure of your Personal Information, and will specifically endeavor to maintain the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. We will, from time to time, modify our procedures as needed in order to protect and maintain the security of your Personal Information.
Personal Information That Circular Energy Collects
We collect and maintain different types of personal information about individuals with whom we interact. This information includes:
- Contact and identification information, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, social security number and driver’s license number;
- Product and service related information, such as information on your energy needs and use, including information related to the type of service, the quantity of electricity consumed, and other information that may be generated through use of “smart metering” or similar services (such as time of day usage, etc.);
- Credit and financial information such as billing and payment history;
- Customer relationship information, such as customer service requests; and
- Business relationship information.
We may also collect market-related information, which may include Personal Information, concerning market trends and activities impacting our business. This information may include contract terms, financial information and other information for the purpose of market analysis and strategic planning. This information may also include information related to our media and public relations activities and information related to our interactions with financial and other analysts and advisors. In regard to social media information, customers will have the option to “opt-out” of any social media info collection.
Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
How Circular Energy Collects and Uses Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information to allow us to manage and develop our business and operations.
Specifically, we collect your Personal Information when establishing a business relationship with you, including enrollment for services provided by Circular Energy, and for obtaining credit approval for the establishment of such services.
In addition, we use your Personal Information in the management and development of our business and operations, including, without limitation:
- Establishing, managing and terminating business relations with you;
- Reviewing the products and services that we provide to you;
- Obtaining credit approval (utility payment history);
- Informing you of our products and services other than those that you have specifically requested;
- Informing you of products and services Circular Energy, or carefully selected third parties, may wish to offer you;
- Responding to your comments or requests for information or services;
- Collecting for payment(s) due;
- Protecting Circular Energy against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- Enabling us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- Any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
- PUCT§25.472 (b)(2): Under no circumstances shall a REP or aggregator sell, make available for sale, or authorize the sale of any customer-specific information or data obtained.
Access to and Disclosure of Personal Information
The following persons and parties have access or may be provided access to some or all of your Personal Information in order to assist Circular Energy in establishing, maintaining and managing our business relationship with you and providing services to you:
- Authorized employees of Circular Energy. Authorized contractors and consultants, including debt collection agencies, who have been hired by Circular Energy to provide services to Circular Energy or its customers and who have agreed to abide by the terms of this Privacy Notice; and
- Authorized parties, including third parties who provide services to Circular Energy or on our behalf, or third parties who collaborate with Circular Energy in the provision of services to you.
- In addition, your Personal Information may be disclosed when, for example, it is:
- Permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- Part of Circular Energy regular reporting activities to other Circular Energy subsidiaries and affiliates;
- During emergency situations or when necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- Personal Information that is already available to the public;
- To another party, in the event of a change in ownership of all or a part of Circular Energy, through some form of merger, purchase, sale, lease or amalgamation or other form of business combination, provided that the parties are bound by appropriate agreements or obligations which require them to use or disclose your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the use and disclosure provisions of this Privacy Notice, unless you consent otherwise; and
- To any party upon your consent.
We may use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
It is important that the Personal Information Circular Energy holds about you is accurate and current. Circular Energy requires you to keep us informed of changes to any of your Personal Information.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you want to know what Personal Information Circular Energy holds about you or wish to change Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us at the address listed below. It may not always be possible to modify or completely remove information in our databases, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your written request.
How Does Circular Energy Dispose of Personal Information
For Personal Information that is not to be retained by Circular Energy for any reason, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to destroy or arrange for the destruction of the records that contain sensitive Personal Information, including your social security number.
To get more information about Circular Energy Privacy Notice or to update your Personal Information, please use one of the following methods:
Login to your online account
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us at:
P.O. Box 470486
Fort Worth, TX 76147
Attention: Call us at 1-844-776-7693
Fax (817) 878-2456
A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your web browser by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. At some e-commerce sites, it functions as a way to identify your computer, and can assist in recording passwords, purchases and preferences. Circular Energy, however, only uses “session-based” cookies. In order to enable Circular Energy customers to authenticate to the Circular Energy website, we use “cookies” to identify the customer. When the customer logs into an application, the customer’s user name, unique session identifier number, and other session data are captured in the cookie file, thus enabling the customer to navigate through various screens of our website without having to authenticate to each new screen. No other information is captured in the cookie file, no information is permanently transferred to the customer’s system, and the cookies are terminated at the end of the session or within 90 minutes of idle time.
Acceptance of These Terms
By providing Circular Energy with your Personal Information, you signify your understanding and acceptance of this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice does not create or confer on any individual or on Circular Energy any rights, or impose on Circular Energy any obligations beyond any rights conferred or obligations imposed by applicable laws, rules and regulations.